Spring is here! And so are many things that are making a mess that we may or may not have forgotten about. Time to clean up! Be it actual mess or intangible mess, anything in-between, or even something new, let's work on it together!
You'll start by making a Projects List post, which I will link here in the first post. Then in this same thread, go ahead and post updates and support each others' endeavors! Tradition is to update about once a week, but no pressure if you need to decrease the frequency, as long as you're working on your goals!
Spring Cleaning will officially go from March 21st to June 21st; Spring till Summer! Is it somewhere between those times and you want to join? No problem, just hop in whenever!
Career -Keep job searching -Cover Letters -Study time - min 5 times per week (enough to get something out of it) -Programming time - pick one, do it for an hour a day; doesn't need to be every day
Programming -Compilation of the below programs -Output of compilation of netCDF -SOI plot -Fix Subplot bugs (use prediction programs) -Excel plot, but in Python
Life -Spring Cleaning room and items (-Reorganize stick corner -Organize closet area -Clear desk, Get Bookends and File/Magazine Holder) -Pay dental bill -Call insurance (!) -Wash windows (Done openable insides, Big Ones) -Make appointment -Donate the remaining items (one more!) -Vote -Get car fixed -Make those predictions (by early April) -Clean screens, apply screens -Take paper bin to recycler
Crafts -Finish crocheting that basket -Sew hole in Aytal socks (Abandoned) -Sew hole in jacket -Repair shirt hem -Sew hole in shirt -Sew hole in pants (2/2)
(I'll add to it as I go, if something comes up or I remember something.)
If a segment goes: -Item (-Item -Item) The parenthetical items are subsets of the non-parenthetical item.
-Draw headers for the upcoming seasons and mid-season for Neo userlookup
-Sketch out or at least write down ideas for AU idea as they come
-Try for Neopets Art Gallery at least one time each month
-Create petpage for Neopian Times history and graphs
Boring but Necessary Stuff
-Government Building Visit
-Fill out online form for car
-Call insulin pump sales rep
-Get that one picture printed and framed
-Re-pot sprouts when time comes
-Wash face (ideally daily, at least every other day)
-Clean bathroom (at least once a week)
-Get the shower rod fixed
-Clean up paper piles
-Find a place for that framed art print that's been lying around
-Find a place for that box that's been lying around
-Find a place for the pile of stuff near the door
-Pick up goth history books to read
-Finish listening to SatB discography
-Finish listening to SoM discography
I may add more if other things come to mind~ I'm trying to add specific little things to help make things feel more attainable, and also because it's those little things that I'll most likely forget from day to day.
Last Edit: Jun 21, 2023 14:49:03 GMT -5 by Twillie
Aw yiss, I'd been waiting for this event this year. Lots of different stuff has been moving on different fronts and it's good to collect it all in one place.
Hunty's Spring Cleaning 2023
Home Improvement (says something about my life that this is the topmost segment)
* Balcony building (we've a contractor for that but there'll be various stuff to get and decide and pick up on an ongoing basis) * Four hinges for the eternally broken cupboard doors * Welcome To The Jungle 2023, aka repot all the houseplants, figure out the fertilizing schedule * Jungle 2023.2.0, aka Sow New Seeds (largely stuck behind the balcony for now) * Living room shelf - the requisite IKEA pilgrimage, DIY cover and mounting * Varnish the living room table * Do something about the bathroom counter, if only temporarily, the thing looks ugly, c'mon * Give away kid clothes that've been outgrown
Creative - Writing (the most embarrassingly forgotten section)
* Finish the sorely forgotten Illusen series + illustrations * Finish the equally sorely forgotten Wrighton PDF * and the Town PDF while I'm tackling the sorely forgottens * Finish the kids' baby books. Or burn them and pretend they haven't been ignored for nearly seven years, whichever seems more reasonable by this point. * Catch up with the travel diaries before the next one rolls along, YOU HAVE EXACTLY ONE MONTH * dare we even be so ambitious as to finally dust off the 2012 US roadtrip diary? (aaaaa!) * Finish the Capri photobook captions * Finish the pending photo album
Creative - Drawing (narrator: it got worse!)
* Finish Neopets pet lookups. You started overhauling them over a year ago, for goodness' sake. * Make a new sketchbook cover * Then magic it all into a new sketchbook. Squeeze enough creative juices out of brain to actually warrant getting a new sketchbook? * Shad and Saura Geraptiku miniseries. Let's try to not forget the things that spark joy in the midst of all the embarrassingly forgotten obligations?
Creative - Other (ooh, this is the exciting stuff)
* Fix the snowglobe (currently stuck behind finding glycerin) * Redo the Shad and Saura mugs * Varnish the display mugs * Build the Thousand Sunny (hoy, this escalated quickly) * Paint-by-numbers 2.0 * Fix the wooden truck * Photobooking old albums (first up: Taiwan)
Last Edit: Apr 12, 2023 10:51:21 GMT -5 by Huntress
Post by June Scarlet on Mar 26, 2023 21:12:05 GMT -5
I finished the thumbnail for Kat's story on Thursday, crossed that off the list.
Finished my Crime Show Comic for the weekend yesterday. Didn't take as much time as I thought it would. Need to start keeping better track of how much time these take me, so I can budget my time better.
I made my March/spring header and updated my user lookup with it \o/ I can also post the header to my art thread after this~
Also requested some time off on Tuesday for the Government Building Visit, so that way I may take care of Official Business.
I added another bullet point under creative to start making a petpage for the Neopian Times history and graphs I've been making in my free time, which I have indeed begun. It's a basic page and just has my NT Editors timeline on it right now, but I've got a handful of graphs I can add to it soon: www.neopets.com/~Cinemalove
Not sure that I'll end up making an Art Gallery pic for March, but maybe I can resubmit an old rejected piece since Tuesday is a random day.
Last Edit: Mar 26, 2023 21:38:31 GMT -5 by Twillie
Little early for me, but updates with the group are more fun, so!
Haven't done much this week, to be honest. I did get into a bit of studying, mainly following my old footsteps to determine atmospheric aerosol profiles. Only to find that the places I used are either out of commission or are just not being updated. So I shopped around for more data sources, and I think I have one, but since it's not fully derived, I'd have to figure out the constituents myself with some intense math and coding. Which I could do, but quite frankly, it's not my priority. Still, will be good to know where to access such data in the future.
(It's really a shame. What I used was extremely handy and recommended by other scientists. RIP)
I finally made my voting decisions, filled out my ballot, and got it witnessed. Just need to take the next go-to-town opportunity to drop it off. The Vote and Make Those Predictions tasks are due at about the same time and both require brainpower, so it was nice to get one of them done early so I could focus purely on the other.
Will try to spend the next week working on those predictions, doing more programming, and seeing if I can get back on the ball for job searching despite my misgivings.
Spring Cleaning, let's go, gang! \ o / *crosses off "make and post list" from my mental list*
Art Stuff - Finish card for M (lineart is done, needs color) - Card for N - Headless fanart 1 (maybe close to done) - Headless comic 1 - Headless comic 2 - Mafia 2 art! -Mother's Day card
Writing Stuff - Story WIP! (I got to write That One Scene last month, guys, zomg, noowww to get time to keep going)
Odds and Ends - Sync up music library - Copy cherry pie recipe - Call Dr. L - Call insurance - Clean tablet pen, see if it still works - Update resume, just do it already, me - Transfer photos from camera - Update website - Finish reading Beatryce Prophecy - That email - Stay healthy!
I dunno, I could've waited if I really wanted to. I just feel a sort of communal feel when I update around the same time as others, and it can be motivating, so that's why I went with it. ^^
Also, got a thing done today that didn't make it to my Spring Cleaning list but by all means should've been there. Wasn't a big thing, I was done in 10 minutes, but I was putting it off. Crossing that item off in spirit!
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2023 21:23:16 GMT -5 by Gelquie
Pumpkin Ghostie (by Killix) Nocturne the elvish dragon (by Huntress) Lazuryl (Laz) the Gargoyle (by Killix)
- Put in some more work on that updated character art sheet for my "Nameless" story/OCs. Even if it's only sketches of the characters that still need sketches. I don't want it to go unfinished for another year! XD
- Work on CT #18. (It's not close to being finished, but I will consider any progress a success. Can't rush creativity!)
- Sketch up some art for CT #18...? (Harder to do when it's not done, but I have at least two key moments in mind! 8D)
Alright, progress post pile, let's take a look then =D
Unsurprisingly, things are mostly moving on the home improvement front. - The contractor finally showed up yesterday, balcony is already looking nicer. Gonna need to hunt for tiles next. This is what now counts as exciting in my life. - Cupboard doors got fixed with existing hinges. Crediting my dad for this one. - The jungle is creeping in. Planted some orange seeds yesterday. Still am not actually supposed to do any gardening before the balcony is done. Accidentally gardening anyway. Send help.
and then I scrolled past the creative bits of my to-do list feeling mildly awkward. Lack of creative stuff might actually explain why mental health has been a bit creaky, so hey, time to actively tackle something from there this week.
I visited the Government Building today, so I crossed that item off my list! I also filled out that form for my car as best I could, but that one hit a roadblock that I'll have to wait on until I get answers to some questions I had asked.
I also added a couple more bullet points for NT reviews and gardening~