Post by Twillie (Gibi) on May 21, 2017 21:34:13 GMT -5
Sort of an answer to the Dislikes Thread over on Banter Board, I got inspired to make this because I am a sentimental fool who starts to appreciate the obscure things in life when the weather gets warm =w=
A few things I love that have been on my mind lately:
Sunny skies that still have large, fluffy clouds (mostly for artistic reasons, I'd love to draw those big clouds)
Early days where you can actually sit down and appreciate the quiet morning
* that noise cats make when they shake themselves (Vbrbrbrbrt) * dogs running around the beach, digging in sand and splashing in the waves * dancers, all of them, people who remind me that humans can do fantastic things with their bodies * when it's hot enough to have cold showers and to run into the sea without pausing once * fresh figs delivered to my door * when a performer makes a mistake, but rolls with it so fluidly that it looks like part of the show * when someone talks passionately about their specific interest and shares tidbits of information that I would never have learned otherwise
* holding hands with a boy while sleeping * that feeling of accomplishment after a good productive day * dancing the night away * friends who give away buckets of strawberries * the look on someone's face when they get a bouquet of surprise flowers * Joffrey finally died in our Game of Thrones rewatch marathon, that little brat
Last Edit: Sept 7, 2017 16:57:20 GMT -5 by Crystal
Post by Breakingchains on Sept 7, 2017 17:35:01 GMT -5
* How hardware stores smell.
* That one kind of old person? Who has been through a lot and seen some crap, but because of that has become really wise and gentle and open-minded instead of knee-jerk and bitter? And they're usually the best people you'll ever talk to? That kind of old person. They're rare.
* Rocks. Especially tumbled rocks, gem chips, etc. I like lower-grade tumbled gems better than fancy cut ones, because they're always multicolored and full of interesting features. I've got a natural quartz point that's cloudy and full of streaks and iron inclusions and I loooove it.
* Flowers, especially ones that are kind of unusual. I've never been any good at growing them so I'm really impressed when I see extremely well-kept gardens.
Post by Rachel Leewind on Sept 9, 2017 19:26:12 GMT -5
Okay, I want to do this.
-Color. I love anything that has really nice colors that work together. -Food. Food is good. I love a lot of foods and I want to try it all. @u@ (I really love sour and spicy foods. I love sweets, too, but I feel like I can handle sour and spicy extremes a lot better than sweet, if that makes sense.) -Water. Anything involving water. Swimming, rafting, rain, the ocean. It doesn't even have to be liquid water. Snow is awesome, too. -Sleeping in a made bed. It just feels so good. =u= -Sleeping with a ton of warm blankets. So comfy. -Sleeping in general. Don't judge me. -ANYTHING SOFT AND FLUFFY. Really. Anything. I love love love fluffy things so much and I want to hug them. -Stuffed animals. I love them. -Most animals, really. Especially cats and bunnies. -Bunnies. They deserve a separate bullet point. They're my favorite. Especially lop-ears. Ooh, lop-eared bunnies are the best. -Staying up late and doing anything alone. Writing, doing art, just watching videos. I don't know, it just feels pure to me. -Travelling. I would do it a lot more if I could afford it. -When it's raining or snowing and I'm inside to watch it. I love watching weather and it is really nice and relaxing. -Musicals. I love listening to musical songs and I would love love love to see one live.
This is a long list, but I love a lot of things. XD
- when my dog (his name is albert!!) starts snoring in the middle of the night. he gets nightmares a LOT so it's nice when he's peaceful ;o; - getting nice random messages/comments on your work, as well as giving nice random messages/comments on people's work - finishing a piece of work after FOREVER!! still need to find the motivation for my dumb skatepark thing - reading a sentence in a book that resonates with you - hearing the first notes of a new song and knowing it's going to be your favorite - someone saying "this made me think of you" - this one is like, very specific to just me, but when people say something positive when i tell them i'm japanese instead of saying something lowkey racist hahah - realizing something isn't your fault and allowing yourself to heal after so long. still trying to get the hang of this one, but i'm getting better! - and of course, meeting a group of people that make you feel welcome, no matter how much of an outcast you feel
Post by Twillie (Gibi) on May 30, 2018 17:38:35 GMT -5
Office supply stores. I love how peaceful they can feel inside; their smell of clean, unused paper; and the actual treasure trove of writing, drawing, and organization supplies they offer. It's the place that makes me feel like a kid in a candy store x3
When you're waiting in a place with people and someone takes out a tangerine to have as a snack and starts peeling the tangerine and the smell gets all over their hands and wafts over the place, giving the whole scene a tangerine aroma.
Post by Aggie,Tea Witch (Celestial) on Jul 30, 2020 13:56:04 GMT -5
A contrast to my post on the Dislikes thread:
When you find an article in the process of your research which reiterates the same points as you have found in your research and agrees with you on your conclusion but you are taking the conclusions they have come to and applying them much more broadly, effectively building on their research. Which makes one feel like a Proper Academic.
I also know the perfect place to slot this into my dissertation (in multiple places over multiple points). This is my favourite source, and that's saying something.