Post by Huntress on Mar 29, 2019 14:50:33 GMT -5
As the internet continues to march along faster than any of us can keep up, we thought we'd give a few reminders about the relationship of the forum and any branching platforms of it, specifically Discord and IM chats.
- The NTWF Discord server is not an official extension of the NTWF forum, so activities and conduct should be contained to their respective platforms. If there is concerning conduct on Discord, this must be reported to a moderator of the NTWF Discord server. Likewise, conduct on the forum must be reported on the forum. If you need to contact a moderator for forum matters, do so via PM and not an IM message.
- Bear in mind that forum moderators have no jurisdiction outside of the NTWF so if you choose to go off-forum for interactions, the protection system in place for the forum no longer extends to you. This applies to Discord, Neopets, Google docs, IM chats and anywhere else on the Internet. When interacting with other forum members off the NTWF, you're operating under neighborhood watch, the honor system, and moderation in place on that particular venue.
- Related to the above, since the forum and Discord communities have a large overlap, several moderators on the forum are also moderators on Discord. However, that doesn't make their jurisdictions overlap; a person who's a moderator on both platforms will handle forum matters on the forum and Discord matters on Discord.
- Members are welcome to use Discord or other accessible platforms alongside the forum for activities such as role play events, but they are not required or expected to. If a member chooses to keep an event and its discussions strictly on the forum, participants must respect this decision.
- All that said, we understand that when someone makes you feel unsafe in a given venue, you may not necessarily want to interact with them in other venues. If your relationship with a forum member deteriorates off-forum to the point where you'd rather not interact with them on-forum, we suggest that you block them on the NTWF and any other applicable venues. Similarly, if you learn that someone has blocked you, honor that decision. Not everyone has to get along, but everyone has to be able to stay civil. You can find the guide on blocking members on this page.